Monday, January 17, 2011

Unique Pin Cushions

Yep - it is official, I am just not a consistent blogger.  
I guess we will just have to take baby steps!
I want to share a fun project I did - handmade pin cushions.  


I have taken a salt shaker and filled it with vintage inspired materials such as old buttons, threads, and pearls.


Then, with batting, felt, and lace, I created a "cushion" to place on the top of the shaker.
This allows pins to be kept together while also having a piece of art that you can keep out even 
when you are not sewing!


I used a novelty lace to create more visual interest, but still allows the pins to be pushed through.



With this one, I used a bigger jar and filled it with an old photo, buttons, measuring tape,
and other unique items.


I used a embossed felt for the cushion and twine to secure it down.





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these and have all the materials. I just cant figure out how to make/attach the cushion to the top. Can you give me any hints please

    ReplyDelete