Friday, December 10, 2010

Custom Made Bottle Cap Magnets

I have been doing these for a couple years now and have gotten some feedback and orders to do some new "subjects" if you will.  I have just completed a project for a good friend of mine who is using these as Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers.  His family grew up in Chicago and loves sports, so for the men we decided to do a complete set of Chicago sports teams.  As for the mom, we did something a little more sentimental - her family. This was my process.



I took beer bottle caps (thanks to my husband, I have plenty!) and cleaned them well and spray painted them white.


I then found the images I wanted to put inside the caps and sized them down on the computer.


I bought this great 1 inch hole punch from Michael's and it makes cutting out the 
images SOOO much easier.


I then attach the magnets to the back of the caps and let them dry over night.  I then insert the pictures and get ready to pour in the resin.  The resin can be kind of tricky to work with, so you may want to have a couple practice bottle caps.


Here is the finished product after they had again dried over night!


If you are interested in having custom magnets made, please feel free to contact me!



And here are the custom family magnets I created for the mother.


And of course the dog is the central glue of the family!


They keepsakes are cost effective and will be around for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment